Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Interest Rate 2021, Eligibility, Calculator | सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना ब्याज दर, पात्रता, कैलकुलेटर
If you have a cute little daughter This blog post is definitely belong to you,Yes!
This Post is About Sukanya Samridhi Yojna . Sukanya Samridhi Yojna is one of best scheme of government of India which was started by Prime MInister Shri Narendra Modi for welfare of Every Girl child of India.This Scheme is working Under Beti Bachao – Beti padhao champagne. Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Interest Rate is High as Compared to Other Saving Scheme like PPF, FD RD etc. The Interest rate is being revised Quarterly with with every Financial year. Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Interest Rate is Compounding Interest Rate which means it is Calculated on Principal Amount and accumulated Earning of Last Interest Paid. Sukanya Samridhi Yojna is Tax exemption Scheme under Income Tax Section 80C.
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Features
- Account of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana can be Opened by parents or guardian for their Girl Child.
- Under this scheme, maximum two accounts can be opened, if in any case there are twins girls then 3 accounts can also be created.
- The minimum deposit account under this scheme is ₹ 250 and the maximum deposit account is ₹ 1.5 Lakhs in 1 year.
- No income tax has to be paid on the maturity amount under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, which comes under the section 80C of the Income Tax Act 1961.
- If the account holder is not able to make monthly or yearly deposits, then the account is temporarily Closed which can be reopened by paying a charge of ₹ 50.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account is closed in the event of death of Depositor.
- Deposits Can made through Cash , cheque, Demand Draft or by Online payments.
- Account will be mature after 21 Years from the date when account was Opened.
- After attaining Age 18 of Girl Child,50% of Amount can be withdraw for Education or any other important Need.
- Interest rate being revised with every Quarter of Financial Year.
- On 23 July 2018 The Criteria for Minimum Annual Deposit and suKanya Samriddhi Account Has Been Revised Rs. 250 from the Amount earlier amount of Rs. 1000.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme in to support education by opening special deposit account maturity is link to the age of girl who owns the account.
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Account
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Account can be Open to any Post office or Public Sector Bank.You can visit any Branch Bank or Post office to open this Account. Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Account can be Open Online also to any Authorised bank.
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Account can be easily link to the saving Account for monthly or yearly Payments deduction.
Here are Documents mention which are you need to Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Account:-
- Birth certificate of girl child.
- Address proof of girl child’s parents and Guardians.
- Identity proof of girl child’s parents and Guardians.
- Photo of girl child’s parents and Guardians.
- When you submit all this document, to the Post Offices OR your Concern branch of bank, Your Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Account will be opened Account holder will be issued Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Account password for record purpose.
- You can pay money in this Sukanya Samriddhi account offline by visiting your bank and post office regularly and by online transfer.
- You can download online Sukanya Samriddhi account opening application form from RBI website India post website and other authorization bank website
- You can also Download Account Opening Form online by the Link Provided below.
How to Fill Online Application Form :-
- Name of Girl Child.
- Name of Parents and Guardian of Girl Child Opening the Account(Primary Account Holder).
- Initial deposite Account.
- Cheque And Demad Draft number and (used as initial deposits).
- date of birth of a Girl Child.
- Birth Certificate Details of Primary Account Holder.
- ID proof Details of Parents and Guardians (Driving licence, Aadhaar Card, Voter Card etc. )
- Present and Permanent Address.
- Details of Any Other KYC Details.
- If you want to pay Online deposit without vising Your Post Office.
- You can Download India Post App IPPB, Which provide you facility to pay your deposit Online.
- Link Of INDIA Post IPPB is provided Below:-
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Eligibility
- Only girl children are eligible to hold the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account.
- Two girl children are eligible but in case of Twin girl children 3 girls’ children are eligible to open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account.
- The maximum age of a girl child must not be more than 10 years.
- Birth certificate of girl child is compulsory to open account.
- Parents or legal Guardian are eligible to open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account on behalf of their children.
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Interest Rate 2021
- The most attractive feature of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account is its interest rate.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana interest rate is revised on quarterly basis.
- The main aim of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is to provide financial security to a girl child for their future for her studies and for her marriage purpose.
- The interest rate is compounded on early basis and is credited to the account.
- Account holder can opt for monthly interest also to be paid.
- The interest rate can be calculated on monthly basis by minimum balance that is present in the account between the end of 10th and the last day of the month.
- The interest rate is pertaining to the current quarter 1st April 2021 to 30 June 2021 is 7.60% and it is compound or an annual basis.
- Parents get a competitive interest rate on the Sukanya Samriddhi account in addition to a tax exemption under section 80C of the Income-Tax act.
- There is no other scheme in the country that offers such a high rate of interest , tax exemption and financial security of girl child.
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Interest Rate From beginning of the Scheme
INTEREST RATE (%)
|APRIL 2020 -10 MARCH 2021||7.60|
|JANUARY 2020- MARCH 2020||8.4|
|JULY 2019 -DECEMBER 2019||8.4|
|APRIL 2019- JUNE 2019||8.5|
|JANUARY 2019-MARCH 2019||8.5|
|OCTOBER 2018- DECEMBER||8.5|
|JULY 2018 -SEPTEMBER 2018||8.1|
|APRIL 2018- JUNE 2018||8.1|
|JANUARY - MARCH 2018||8.1|
|OCTOBER 2017 -DECEMBER 2017||8.3|
|JULY 2017 - SEPTEMBER 2017||8.3|
|APRIL 2017 - JUNE 2017||8.4|
|JANUARY 2017 MARCH 2017||8.5|
|OCTOBER 2016 -DECEMBER 2016||8.5|
|JULY 2016- SEPTEMBER 2016||8.6|
|APRIL 2016 JUNE 2016||8.6|
|FROM 1 APRIL 2015||9.20|
|FROM 1 APRIL 2014||9.10|
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Interest Rate 2021
Interest rate Comparison of SSY With Other Saving Schemes Such as PPF, RD And FD
|Sukanya Samridhi Yojna||Public Provident Fund (PPF)||Fixed Deposits (FD)||Recurring Deposits (RD)|
|INTEREST RATE||7.6-% per Annum||7.10% per Annum||3.50 % - 8.00% per Annum||5.75% - 8.05 % per Annum|
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Interest Rate Calculator
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojna calculator is used to calculate the amount of money the individual will receive after completion period of 21 on maturity period.
- It is compulsory for individual to invest at least one contribution in a year until the completion of 14 year.
- The calculator will assume that the same amount of deposit is made on yearly basis.
- No deposit is required to be paid between year 15 to year 21 , however individual will earn interest for this period is same as other deposit period.
- The minimum amount in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is Rs. 250 and maximum amount it is Rs. 1.5 lacs. Earlier minimum amount was Rs. 1000 however the Indian government reduced this amount of rupees thousand to Rs. 250 in July 2018.
- The account holder Can contribute money on monthly or yearly basis.
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Maturity Amount On Yearly Investment
Investment Amount (Yearly)
|1||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 15,000||Rs. 43,949|
|2||Rs. 2,000||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 87,911|
|3||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 75,000||Rs. 2,19,769|
|4||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 1,50,000||Rs. 4,39,542|
|5||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 3,00,000||Rs. 8,79,078|
|6||Rs. 50,000||Rs. 7,50,000||Rs.21,97,691|
|7||Rs. 1,00,000||Rs. 15,00,000||Rs. 43,95,389|
|8||Rs. 1,25,000||Rs. 18, 75,000||Rs. 54,94,226|
|9||Rs. 1,50,000||Rs. 22,50,000||Rs. 65,93,068|
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Maturity Amount On Monthly Investment
|Rs. 1,000||Rs. 5,11,829|
|Rs. 2,000||Rs. 10,23,658|
|Rs. 3,000||Rs. 15,35,490|
|Rs. 4,000||Rs. 20,47,305|
|Rs. 5,000||Rs. 25,59,142|
|Rs .7,000||Rs. 35,82,801|
|Rs. 8,000||Rs. 40,94,627|
|Rs. 9,000||Rs. 46,06,461|
|Rs. 12,50,000||Rs. 63,97,855|
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator uses the following formula to generate results.
- If you want to calculate the maturity amount by your own you can click link provided below
Sukanya Samridhi Yojna Benefits
- The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme is apart by government of India to secure future of girl child.
- Main benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana are:-
- Easy To Open Account.
- Low Deposit Amount.
- High Interest Rate.
- Flexible Deposit Modes.
- Easy Account Operation.
- Tax Exemption.
- Payment Provided For Girl Child Only.
- Easy Revival Of Account.
- Premature amount withdrawal.
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme is very Good Saving scheme of Government of India . If You have A Cute Little Girl Child You must Opt to open The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account. And If you like this Post About The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme please share it to others.